Upcoming Projects - Autumn

As per normal I've ended up with a lot of fabric in my stash ready to go, and more than enough patterns to make them into garments. I took a small inventory, and organised the state of all the projects I have coming up.

First of all I've picked up a whole lot of new-old patterns from Fran, Decorator of People and Things, a couple of 50s shirt patterns from Hayley, and a few more 50s patterns from a Facebook group.


Simplicity, Butterick, and Academy - nice variety!

I have been able to match a few fabrics to the patterns I have on hand, and I'm excited to get into them.

First up is a re-release from Butterick of a 1952 pattern, B6018. So far I have the pattern itself cut out and the fabric pre-washed - I'm yet to make a mockup. From others' experiences I believe the sizing runs quite large, so we'll see how it goes. I'll be making the collared version!




Another re-release makes a very sweet summer dress using this floral cotton I picked up from Geoff's Emporium. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get around to this one, but it would make a nice dress for the spring.




This is a very special fabric. It's a cotton seersucker from the 1950s covered in flowers and butterflies. Fran was kind enough to gift me this ballgown pattern which I think would work perfectly for it. The fabric hasn't been pre-washed at all - I think it would be best to take it to the dry cleaners first.




I have a habit that I'm trying to get out of - I love to buy fabric remnants! The only problem is there is usually never enough to make a whole dress or skirt. I'm not even sure I can make shirts from a lot of it. Hopefully I can make use of the yard-long lengths I have lying around. Paired with these adorable shirt patterns from Hayley and I'll be sorted for separates!



This is a project I've already started - I've made the overblouse already, and I have more of the windowpane check along with a matching solid mint and some suiting fabric. I'm not sure how much of everything I have, but I'm hoping to get the coat made from the suiting fabric.




Another candidate for the 40's re-release pattern is a beautiful georgette I bought from Mintage. The only thing I worry about is pattern-matching, but I'm fairly confident the floral is busy enough that it doesn't matter anyway. There are too many panels to worry about pattern-matching!





I've made this 1950's wiggle dress a long time ago and made a pretty poor job of it. I've been looking forward to remaking it! I bought a large roll of what appears to be a cotton blend that has the right sort of weight for a winter suit. I plan on making the matching jacket this time.





Last but certainly not least is this amazing tiger-print fabric Frances from Mintage gifted to me. It's so over the top and perfect for this Gertie sarong and top pattern. The Very Vintage Day Out this year is hosting a tiki party and what better way to drink cocktails than with majestic tigers covering your outfit?





Apart from the fabrics and patterns I have immediately on hand, there are even more projects I need to plan and buy materials for. There are a number of 1917's and 1930s patterns from Wearing History that I'm dying to get my hands on. I'm not sure if I have the spare time before July to make anything but I really hope I can get a decent start on a 1917's wardrobe!

Comments